5.22.2008

dance dance evolution.


This Throwback Thursday brings to you.....old school dances (only my favorites of course). Before there was pop lock and droppin, souljah boys and lean and rockin with it....there were classic moves that needed to be performed to perfection before you could deem yourself to have...what I like to call rhythm.

This was difficult one to put together...so yall better comment on this.

In no particular order...these are the classics:


1. Da Butt. Premiered in School Daze in 88. "Do it in da butt."

2. The Roger Rabbit. I needed to know this dance, as price of admission to my first school dance.

3. The Bogle. My signature move whenever some reggae came on. This also ALWAYS, Always, ALWAYS lead to the Heel-Toe.

4. the Bounce...which was literally the dance from 98 to 2002.

5. The Butterfly! Bye please. I use to kill this dance. And dont let it be "Heads High" you might even see the caterpillar. Heyo!

6. The Electric Slide. A rhythm learners guide. A necessity, in my book. It will be played in my wedding at least 3 times (im talking about the walk down the aisle). It is indeed electric.

7. The Macerena aka life changing 6th grade song.

8. And then as I got older Bad Boys became a main contender. Enter...the Harlem Shake. Now, this is probably the closest thing to the silly dances out now. But this is just too classic to not have on my list.



You may not be kid and play....but these are essentials. Get on, if you arent already. There may be a quiz.

3 comments:

socialedisturbed. said...

LMAO!!
1. do u kno i started singin the song.. ALOUD! (is that spelled right?)
2. u threw it baaaaaaaaaaaack!
3. i do that when prompted to do so in the get me bodied remix "wine it back girl!"
4. thats my godson's dance now... hopefully i can get a vid of that!
5. the BUTTERFLY!!!! I just thought of the hand game "candy girl.. do the but-ter fly" LMAO
6. gwan latopwuede pol a hillar macarena... that's what i say :/
7. oh man .. make this money .. take this money.. aint no way u can take this from me.. and u should see them do it now.. MAN! puts my lil tricks to SHAME!!

Anonymous said...

Tootsie Roll? Cabagge Patch? roger rabbit? running man?

hahahha. yea but we did bust out the bounce on sunday while listening to Mya best of me.

shaun. said...

nope. i knew someone would break that list out.Those r white people dances. and though i love my whote people.....those r not the main dances of rhythm. in my opinion.