5.29.2008

You may make love in this club...

but Usher, you will never make "love" on my CD stand. Here is the official prostituted thoughts review of Usher's new album.....Here I Stand.

So I consider his first single a major success. Usher has always been one of my favorite artists. I remember when he was just starting off. I bopped my head to his girly joints. I even accepted his so called cheating songs (which girls seemed to love, even though in real life happening to them, they wouldn't). Eww...btw, I really wanted the jacket in this video. And then there was a second one. And then a club banger that just seemed to never get off the radio. And I enjoyed them all. To the fullest of their extent.

On this album. The following songs really hit home.

Forever Young


Apetite


Here I Stand



The rest of the album...is wack. In fact, its almost a complete flop. And that saddens me. With the artists out today, you cant be putting out the same type of music you put out in 1996. Styles have changed. Music has changed. And Usher buddy...you need to keep up. Confessions was gold. Every song had potential to be a single. And Im not asking that for every album. But this one is clearly lacking.

You shouldve consulted Diddy. He wouldve made you CD platinum. Im just saying...

No comments: