5.23.2008

lets talk about you and me.

well, more like...just me. Its time for a life update I guess.

25:15. What's that you may ask? That is the time it took me run a 5k yesterday.That's 3.5 miles in 25 minutes and 15 seconds. That's a little under an 8 minute mile. The fastest I've ever run a mile in my life. I mean....in the end I felt like I was gonna cough up a lung, but it's all for gold. Yeah right! Out of 23 thousand, I def didn't place. I ran way too fast in the beginning trying to keep up with my team captain (who is a girl who ran 22:02). The fastest guy was a 16:03. At the end I couldn't even muster up energy for a sprint to the finish. So yes...I got beat by a girl. But no....Im not ashamed, I got an awesome time.

I officially have a stylist. A chubby gay stylist with dreads. He name is Avery (no last name).If you don't recall, I use to have to go to the south side of Chicago just for a cut. The barber was a good 20 minute drive away. And after the first 2 trips, that was a total Whap Whap. So, I took the advice of some locals (my roommates who had seen a black barber on the northside) and went to Nappy HairZ. Despite its ignorant name, there was no mistaking that it was an African American Barber Shop right? Wrong. It was a salon. I was straight up sitting there with women in rollers. My stylist/barber is "The best dredder in the northside." And admitted to it rather willingly has he shaped my hair moving and grooving infront of me to some old school jams. But kudos in the end...he hooked me up. I even gave him a $5 tip. And for all of you who don't know, Im on the road to getting dredds. Now you know.

Ummmm, on a side note. That night I had a dream that Avery and his friends kidnapped me and held me hostage somewhere in the middle of IL. They let me keep my cell phone and I kept saying..."I know where you work, I can just call my mom ad she'll have the cops over at you shop in no time." But no one listen to me. It was actually a very disturbing dream. What do you think it means?

In other news....Im doing some interviewing. Its goin ok. Not great. Just ok. there's alot of hesitation due to my lack of in-agency experience. And that's blah. Because....if they knew how much passion I had for this industry and how hard I work once Im actually making ads, they would hire me right away. I swear I cant do anything else with my life. Ho hum, I guess Im ending this post on a high note.

Ill catch yall on the flip side.

2 comments:

L said...

The thumbs-up gesture has its roots in ancient Rome, where gladiators would literally live or die by it. Pollice verso is the Latin term for the gesture, meaning "with a turned thumb."

"It was a hand gesture that was used by the crowd to say if the gladiator should live or die after a fight,"

The last thing a sportsman wanted was a thumbs-up. While in modern times it has a positive meaning, back then it meant "get him out of here," or death, while a concealed thumb (considered thumbs-down) meant the gladiator lived.



Thumbs up!! (a modern times one)

shaun. said...

now thats a good comment. educational and inspiring.