5.09.2008

why use Dove when you can retouch?


This is what we call an ironic post. I went to a portfolio review last night, where almost every agency in Chicago had creatives in town looking at student books. I'll talk more about it later, promise. But the buzz and 1st hand report was that the Ogilvy representative was a total tool and asshole. Some of his antics...he told my roommate that he would never look at his book if it was given to him at an agency (my roommate freelances and he is a very good copy writer already). He also told some poor girl that she should consider another field of work. Who does that to students? He was even quoted for saying he wasted his time that night.


But anyway...it appears as if Ogilvy is in now the hot seat for their Dove "Real Beauty" campaign. Allegedly...and by by allegedly, I mean...I couldv'e told you that...famous retouch-er Pascal Dangin, who works regularly for Vogue, Dior, Balenciaga, and others (hello Tyra Banks) was quoted as saying....


So let me get this right...the fat and old people in the ads where retouched? Whaaaaaa!!!So...they were not as beautiful to begin with? Or was it Dove standards that caused the alterations? Or was it Ogilvys great idea to clean up the ads a bit. Yeah....anyway you put it, your message is now shot to sh*t. Its...a lie. And so is your campaign and its future. Man down. Poor poor Ogilvy...I smell layoffs, and you my portfolio night friend.....douchbag....I'll see you soon on the job search line. Fingers crossed.


I wonder...will this effect the Evolution spots popularity?

No comments: