5.16.2008

tv week in review.

If you didnt spend your entire week selling 17,328 boxes of girl scout cookies, (loser) you probably had some time to devote to le tele. Lets briefly talk TV shall we.


Real World. As I expected...now that Joey is gone there is some fire and brimstone missing from the show. But that's ok....because I still see potential. And his name is Greg. Please tell me you saw his model runway show. He was just doin too much. It was like a fashion show that you do at your church, in the basement. And then after...everyone congregates around the punch. You know...that Ginger Ale fruit juice mix. MMmmmmm. But anyway, our fav pigment less stripper had sex with a total tool. It was some total college, my roommate is 5ft away from, but they'll never know/wont have the guts to say anything sex. The reg. And the little religious girl got all up in arms about it. This was only entertaining for the mere fact that when asking her mom what to do about the situation, her mom responded, "I would read the Bible if I were you, just saturate yourself in the word." ::head tilt side eye combo::
Thanks mom...you really cleared that up for me.
And thats it. Everything else isnt worth mentioning. They is a black men fight coming up. And it makes me nervous. Because were as when other races fight and it can sometimes be resolved....black people always go overboard. And it probably about some ignorant sh*t, like....you used my hair grease or something.

American Idol. Who cares who wins. Who cares what songs they sing. The remaining three are boring as all hell (except the girl is kinda cute). I mean...we could talk about Mormon Archletta being banned from talking to his son in practice and backstage....which could our could not have been the reason why he thought he could cover a Chris Brown song and use the term "My Boo" twice. You and I both know that he has never, in his life, met a black person before Randy Jackson. Bur, I think we should discuss Fantasia and her performance. It was a train wreck of shenanigans that probably left a dent in American Idol's credibility. Fantasia...was wearing a velvet jump suite paired nicely with hair inspired by Ronald McDonald and the braces....or how I wish she wouldve gotten invsalign (i feel like i shouldve just gotten paid for that endorsement). It is important that you note the face her performance caused Simon to have for 3 minutes straight.

LOST. Your loseing me....slowly. Every episode, somewhere within the hour... I end up wondering to myself.......why do I care again?

ANTM. The fat girl won. And save your breath with that, "She not fat she a normal girl...models are too skinny" bullsh*t. She aint thin. And she certainly and close to thin my modeling standards. And lets face it...once she made it to the final 2 (and the girl who had real modeling potential went home), we all kinda knew that this was Tyra's idea of a life lesson. Big Girls are beautiful too. But on the other page...there seems to be a scandal. Exactly how prearranged was this prearranged show. According to sources...Whitney never tried out for the show, but was picked in a mall somewhere. Ontop of that...she was already a model, and was told that she should gain a few (or 15) pounds and then she'd be a shoe in for a win. I mean...that wouldn't surprise me. According to the pic she use to be skinny...and be a skinny model. But is she top model material? She is plus size, which already means she isnt high fashion. When she was walking down the runway Niegel the judge/photographer said she looked like a "stuffed ham". No matter how you reword that...its not a compliment. Whatever the case, Im not putting big girl Whitney down. She def put effort into the win. And she is pretty. It just sucks that the ENTIRE show is staged. Like....ridiculously staged.
OK....Im tird. Good finale of The Office last night.
Cherrios.

No comments: