5.28.2008

american holidays, yes. american airlines, no.

I was out of town. And did not get a chance to wish you all a happy memorial day. Were it normal circumstance, i would be a day late...I am now two. But yeah...for all the men and women from the states who have decidedly sacrificed their lives for the freedom we live in today. Thanks.

And thanks for the day off too.


Too all the other Americans who decided to create the franchise that is American Airlines. Slowly slit your risks vertically, and lie in a warm tub of water. Please. Do me that favor. Because you have the worst business ever. I use to think that nothing could live up to the experience I had with Delta, when they lied to my face to get me out of the airport only to lock me out and take my bags halfway across the country leaving me in a suit. But alas....AA, went for the gold.

So for my 9pm flight back to Chi-town last night (which I got there at 7pm for) I literally stood in line for an hour and a half. Im talking no more than 25 people in front of me...and I was there for 90 minutes just to check in with one bag. They were talking to individuals for 10-15 minutes at a time- but when you tried to strike up a conversation with them...they would give you the tude "Ive been working since yada yada"::neck roll::. So I stayed clear of that, cause I actually did want to get on my plane. But they literally had 2 people printing out tickets and they closed all of the self printing machines. Flights were getting cancelled left and right and I just knew something was going to go wrong.

And it all began with them telling me my flight as pushed to 11:45pm- and may be cancelled. Luckily, that worked out well, I was on a very comfortable 747 inwhich I closed my eyes on take off and opened them on landing. I was knocked.

So I go to pick up my bag. And I notice that it is wide open. Immediately, I think to myself...someone really did just steal my sh*t. They I thought...f*ck, my new camera. I brought a new digital camera for my bday. And I put the new box, with charger etc. in my bag. So when I saw it, i was devastated...but relieved that I had put the actual camera in my carry-on. So I thought, f*ck you ghetto ass ni**as (I used the N-Word in my head...I never use the N-WORD), I still got my camera, hope you can afford on with your food stamps. Then I realized, they got me...because they have all of the stuff I need to make the camera work, in all actuality...I only have a shell of a camera.

But no. The pure ignorance of my life continues. What comes rolling out on the motorized mat next. The torn-up phone box. only a few feet later...the plugs and charge. Then the intstructions. So these f*ckin jar head literally on the other side of the wall, took the box thinking it had the full monty in it. And when they realized it not complete....they put it back on the belt. To the woman pointing and giggling as she said, "Some got their stuff stolen" , I said as I scrimmaged to right the wrong that was done to me, "I suppose it would be just as funny if they took that raggedy ass wig off you head too."(in my head.)

And on top of that, i was standing around at 2am for 20 more minutes for a cab to go home. It was 40 degrees. In May/June.

So Im tired. Im cranky. And Im running out of airlines that I trust. I mean...Im not going to Singapore, I literally want to take a 2 hour flight from one major city to the another...without a problem.

America. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: