5.20.2008

new and improved.

90210. If you havnt heard...its making a comeback. I have to admit, I wasnt really a fan back in the day, but I did see an episode or two. And I know there are some people who are fanatics for the show. So, lets put them back to back and judge. Cause if anything...this blog is all about judging. No?

Old


New


Problem number 1...there is a black guy. There was no black guy in the first one. And as un-PC as it sounds...in some parts of the US, there just are no black people. But if we did pull together a crazed scenario, say...he moved there for Advertising school and then got stuck. And was living with 3 white roommates. Perhaps, that could work (oh wait, thats me). But the black kid would still need to be a little mal adjusted. He has to be like Murry, in Clueless. I think he is Dominican in real life though. "Rollin with the Homies."

Problem number 2...there are a few characters on there that have been in other tv shows before. And where as I am ok with movie stars switching roles film to film- TV folk need to stay put. When I see Matthew Fox in anything other than LOST, I wonder how Jack got off of the island to costar in a movie with Alicia Keys. In this case they have the hot blond slut from Nip Tuck. And she is one of those people who look like they are up to no good. So you know she will be the nemesis-which she was on the other show. The lines are blurring already.

Problem number 3....it looks like the OC. Lord knows we dont need more of that scripted California highschool drama. And isnt the show Gossip still on the CW? Remember that show Popular. And USA High. Do you see my point? It 2008...who cares? I don't have time text bullying and myspace drivin plots.

FART! Thats my opinion. But I will see the first episode.

3 comments:

Kelly J said...

Michael j. Fox, haha. It's Matthew Fox you crazy bastard.

That show would be a lot more confusingly sweet with MJF though.

shaun. said...

oh yeah. true.

Writing Horses said...

I haven't even watched the full clip . . . but I gotta say this, thus far. ANYTHING that has to say "cooler" within the first 5 seconds is doomed for failure. Who writes "cooler" into anything. UGH.