4.18.2008

he remembered us.

I imagine the the almighty significant being known as God, has alot of things to do on his plate. Therefor, he probably has a check list of sorts. The good news...he has finally made his way down the list to Chicago (I feel bad for Zambia) and brought us spring...like, the season of spring. Its 70 degree outside. I almost broke a sweat on my morning commute to work today, and the weekly forecast finally has no indication of snow and or sleet. Amen to that.

And after last night's earthquake, I think he is for real this time. Yes, Chicago had a 4.5 earthquake at 4am this morning. Yep....your read correctly. I slept through it...which is kinda sad, because I will probably never experience another one. In all reality, if I were up I probably would've been weeping in a corner. But I guess we will never know. Is it strange that I equate the earth moving to a sign of biblical proportions that winter is finally over? Chicago winters have been know to make its residents a little loopy.



In other Shaun news...I have developed my first running related injury. Which makes me proud but at the same time, is extremely painful. I have runners knee (self diagnosed of coarse).
Causes of Runners Knee:

-Wide Hips (female runners)
-Knock Knees (Genu Valgum)
-Subluxating Patella
-Patella Alta (high patella)
-Small medial pole of patella or corresponding portion of femur
-Weak Vastus Medialis
-Weak Quadriceps Muscles
-Tight Hamstrings or calf muscles
-Pronation of the feet

Enlight of not knowing what 90% of that list is even refering to...I've decided that I either have wide "child bearing" hips or I am unknowingly, a woman with wide "child bearing" hips. Needless to say, I have to cut back on the running for atleast a week or so and strengthen my knee. I'm such an athlete.



To finish off this bloggy blog, which is all about me. If you dont know, I currently work at a financial trading company down in the loop of Chicago. I started off as a temp, then moved up to Office Manager and now I am basically the assistant to the HR assistant (no pictures please). I know...Im really close to advertising. But, anyway...I set up an interview for this guy. After about a week and a half of interviews he was hired. Today an email swept the office of a blog site (called The Office Ninja)that this kid clearly owns. How was it found?....Google. Lesson: if you are going to write blogs A.) Don't put your full name anywhere on it to avoid a simple Google search and find B.) At least have your blog be cool and interesting. I'm judging this guy....before he even has his first day and so are his superiors.
But on the flip side, do you think he set the blog up so that he could be Googled and found. So...it looks like he blogs...and is a completely techy, normal, hard working and a well adjusted human being fit for hiring, but also with a quirky fun side. Is "The Office Ninja" a little bit of genius....or is it stupidity?



Thats all folks, I actually have "work" to do. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Writing Horses said...

I just found out that this agency I was working with for a website googled me and found my blog.
Not necessarily worried about people finding my blog, though. Um, but Office Ninja? He should def be worried.

Once a runner myself, I must tell you of how important it is to strengthen your legs with weights. It will create a better shock absorption for your knees.

MUAH