4.14.2008

life-1, shaun-0

this has been weighing down on my conscience.

A few work days ago...I was walking to the train. I was relatively on time. No real rush was needed. But I did have my ipod on...and there is a mix I like to listen to on the way to work. Ok fine, I was early.

But let's stay on topic. I was crossing the intersection, and since I live in Chicago, where the five corner intersection is practically a law requirement, I was crossing one of multiple ways that one normal man can cross an intersection (approximately 5...not including if you take the allys, don't ask). Anyway, I saw my neighbor crossing the complete opposite way, and we were clearly going to the same place...the same direction...and possibly the same mode of transit.

She...is a nice girl. We don't have much in common. She is still in school. A theater major. Lives with 3 other fine art majors. And well...lets just say, every time I wander over their house drunkenly...I ALWAYS end up going directly back home. Even in a drunken stupor I can't find anything interesting enough to keep me around,

What did I do? Well...I sped up, making sure I crossed my three streets well before she crossed her two. I diverted my eyes to the ground and when I came to the same destination street (pre public transit) I sped walked like a mother f*cker to elude the chance of A.) her catching up to me and tapping me on the shoulder or even, lord forbid, B.) I got caught on the train platform with her and was cornered into a useless morning chit chat.

Why did I do all this? I just wasn't in the mood to talk.

LIFE continueing foward logically and progressivly: 1
Shaun growing with life, adapting and changing: 0

When will I ever get a point?

2 comments:

socialedisturbed. said...

LOL!
that sounds like some shit like i would do.. and i dont understand this 5 corner business.

socialedisturbed. said...

*shit that