4.23.2008

closer to god.



Riddle of the day?
Helium balloons. A Catholic priest. Brazil. And bright ideas. What do they all have in common?

I swear I come up with ideas like this all the time. I mean, they usually occur somewhere between my 5th and 8th glass of Shiraz on a Friday night as Im scarfing down cheese puffs and watching reruns of Family Matters...but let it be known, that there was no Divine inspiration involved in this holy mishap.

"The Rev Adelir Antonio de Carli lifted off from the port city of Paranagua on Sunday afternoon, wearing a helmet, thermal suit and a parachute.
The smiling 41-year-old priest was strapped to a seat attached to a huge column green, red, white and yellow balloons, and soared into the air to the cheers of a crowd.
He was reported missing about eight hours later after losing contact with port authority officials."


The best part of this story is that they still havn't found him. GPS and all. And this was all done to raise money for an orphanage or something. Apparently, having a bake sale wasnt enough?

His first mistake was trying this little venture out in Brazil. Of all places, Brazil would be the last on my list for anything, but a Brazilian bikkini wax. Oh, and Brazilian pants. Also, this whole thing sort of reminds me of the episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark with the clown's nose ("The Tale of Laughing in the Dark"). I don't know why?

Well, here are my theories on what happened to Rev Antonio:
1. Alien Abduction (obviously)
2. God Abduction...God literally plucked him out of the sky.
3. He is trapped on a deserted island that doesn't really exist, and there are polar bears on it, and a smoke monster...and the rest of the cast of LOST. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this all wasn't a elaborate hoax from abc for the show return this Thursday or....JJ Abrams (the mind manipulator).

4. Ummmmm, he is dead.



I bet he wished he had just made some brownies right about now.
*shout out to anonymous for putting me up on this story. Anonymous = someone who is too lazy to type in thier name, when they leave a comment. But they are still good people. Holler!

No comments: