4.29.2008

i need gay approval.

I had a good weekend, thanks for asking.

I have officially accepted my future in HR after attending my "boss's'" birthday party. Her crib was sick. I mean...really impressive. And if it only takes me...lets see, Im 23....17 more years to get to the top of the HR game. I think I am willing to submit the time and effort. After I kill myself. Twice.
Anyone looking for a good looking, fairly accurate, slightly bombastic AD? Email me.
Anyway, Saturday turned into a bit of a blur. Started drinking around 4pm. There was pulled pork involved. Mmmm. A drinking board game called Manland and then we ended up at what I call a gay night club. Yes. I said it. There was a group of 5 (2 girls) and a guest from out of town, and we end up at a gay club. btw Looked nothing like the picture above.

Now...everyone I was with said it wasn't a gay bar. And I admit, the upstairs was pretty straight. But, the basement...was totally gay. My roommate, who has apparently been to gay bars said that we were not at one. I asked some girls outside the bar, and after they insinuated that I was gay (which is completely my fault so I let it slide)...there response was "NO, gays clubs are fun....and that wasn't no fun."

excusing the double negative....wat do you think:

- heavy techno music in the basement
- a bunch of men grinding all up on each other
- gay friendly urinal reading material
-the club had some really obscure name...like Despair or
-the bathroom attendant was a black man with a perm
-everyone was kind of ignoring us (Ive been told that this is possible hetero phobia)
- terms used...."grl....." and "ok, do it...." I really was hoping someone used the term fierce.


all the ingrediants for Queer as Folk and Will and Grace (minus Grace) mixed up into one, right? Or no....

I need an analysis. Cause Im all confused and stuff. You know...its ok if it was gay....it would've popped the square hetero bubble Im living in...but everyone keeps telling me lies. There must be an answer out there. Isnt there a set way/place/thing that defines a gay club?

Like....men dancing with other men? Per se.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.