4.18.2008

crying for hip hop.

wait...I lied, Im not done for the week. I just found this story, I mean interview from the June issue of XXL. I dont read real paper anymore so I just find these things. Its the rapper the Game. Here is a sample or a spoiler if you will:


Moments later, the subject of his criminal past comes up. "I don't even wanna
talk about that," he says, beginning to choke up. He's silent for a moment, and
tears start to stream from his eyes, over the new red star tattoo, down his
cheeks. "I should just say one more thing for you to understand and know. I'm
just crying for music. I'm crying for hip-hop, because it's like seeing someone
you know, someone you're really in love with die. Slow. The tears coming from my
left eye are from shit that I'm dealing with in my life, and the tears down my
right cheek are tears for hip-hop. You know that they're real, 'cause you see
'em. The world won't. They'll be able to read my tears, and hopefully they'll
figure out that what I love so much is worth saving. And, if not, hey, I bailed
out before it went down, anyway. So I won't be blamed for it."

"My life right now is...It's not what I expected it would be after gaining fame
and fortune," he says. "My life was better when I was gangbanging, shooting,
robbing, stealing, getting shot and selling drugs. I'm so fucked up inside and
so emotionally driven down to the ground that I can't...I can't replace the
hurt. I can replace the thoughts, but my heart knows what's on my heart, and my
heart won't let the pain go."

(Let me clear my thought) Eh, eh eh eh ehe he ehe ehe eh hemmmm.

Awwwwww, Game.... poor baby. How very Emo of you to share your soul so willingly."Crying for Hip-hop."

Whap whap!

via Fourfour.

No comments: