8.25.2008

VISA advertising for the world.

so now that the Olympics are over...and I have officially seen all 800 of the VISA "Go World" spots...I've picked my favorites.


At first I thought these were too mushy. But when I realized that the VO man was none other than cool man luke Morgan Freeman ( a personal hero of mine), I started paying attention to them. TBWA/Chiat/Day really did do a great job of selling a "feeling". Im not sure how they were able to churn out the Olympic American winners spots so quickly....multiple Phelps (not part dolphin, duh), Nastia, and Clay. But it was a perfect tie in to the more emotional spots that focused on the past Olympians like Derrick Redmond, Bob Beamon, Dick Fosbury and StevenLopez.

My Favorites:
(f*ck phelps, this guy is a total bad ass....he only won one medal after being the best in multiple sports...on land)

(one of the first memories I have of the Olympics...when America was super cool)

(just some powerful writing....)


Want to see all of them? Click here. I hope you have flash 9. 
I cannot tell a lie...I kinda want a t-shirt.

2 comments:

Writing Horses said...

I first saw and read about the "Go World" one where there is no mention of the Olympics being in China - when it was all a little unclear how things would go . . . wah wah. weak sauce. But then I saw the Keri Strug one and looooved it. I remember seeing that moment. Makes me kinda wonder if maybe I should have watched more of the games . . . I did see the closing ceremony? p.s. The fire is out.

Anonymous said...

airplane advertising with aerial logo banners are the perfect economical solution to larger aerial billboard banners.