8.19.2008

the little things: new yorker.

there was a brief time when I arrived back in NY, when I thought that I would never get over my withdraw of the lovely city of chicago.

I got my dream job. But I had to leave my Chi-town behind. I spent many days wishing I was on an elevated train system (as opposed to an underground one). I missed the days when going north meant you where going to the white part of town (and vis versa). I missed the Midwest life truth which stated that leaving my house for a beer on a Friday night, almost simultaneously began the universal count down  to the inevitable hearing of one of the following (all, if I was lucky) songs : Sweet Carolina, Dont Stop Believing, or Living on a Prayer.

Oh yeah...and I missed my friends (cry me a river).

But as the months have passed...and I have been steadily gaining back all the Chinese food pounds  that I thought I left behind in the past....I have began acclimating back into my daily NY routines.

And today, I realized I was a full New Yorker again.

As I was walking to my train, and elderly man was hobbling in front of me....taking his time and going very slowly.
As I passed him, the first thing I thought to myself was: 

"Well if anything, I'll definitely get your seat."

I felt bad...but then I got a seat.
Not the proudest moment in my life. But....Im back b*tches.

1 comment: