8.19.2008

why so serious?


click the pic for more adorable ponies.

you know what I just realized? I have not yet had my review of the new Batman movie...The Dark Knight. Yes...I saw way after the hype (to avoid the crazies). And I may or may not have been waiting for a good looking person to go with me. Cause...it totally is a Date movie. 

As it was filmed in my old stomping ground (infact, alot of it right on LaSalle street by the board of trade), I spent alot of time informing my movie partner about how they were driving around in circles on streets that dont connect and pointing out my old job and regaling her with stories of the day they were shooting the movie out front- all which inversely made me famous by association. And that made me a little sad. But onto the movie...this will be brief.

Pros: Heath really did do an awesome job. Im actually afraid that he set the bar too high. You see...Batman villains are notoriously completely insane without an ounce of dignity or humanity. Trust me, I know...as a kid, I watched alot of cartoon, read all the comics and at one point started my own comic strip (lets not talk about that). And Heath delivered that. I want to say that his performance made the movie. But in all fairness, there were alot of things that made that movie awesome.

Cons: One of those "things" was not christian bale. His stupid raspy bat voice ruined everything from the fighting to the regular dialogue a joke. Where as it was acceptable in the last movie, it seems really, really forced and drew away from the movie. If Heath Leadger did not do as fine a job...christian bale wouldve totally murked up the movie.

And thats it. Oh wait, wait....it was too long. When I start coming up with scenarios of how the movie can end in the quickest possible way, its time for the movie to be shortened. The good news is that they killed off Maggie Ghyllenhal's character (sp?/spoiler...sorry). And thank god for that. She was not pretty enough. 

Ok, and that's it. 
Now back to our previously scheduled coverage of the Olympic Games.

Whooooot whoooooot.


P.S. Did anyone else notice the bad luck surrounding this movie? Heath overdoses before its out. Bale gets in trouble for beating his family up right after the premier. And VISA olympic ad god VO, Morgan Freeman gets in a major car accident just weeks into the movie's record sweep. A little creepy no?

No comments: