6.13.2008

piece of the pie weekend.

Today has actually been a very sad and busy day. I came in thinking "last day, last day, last day" and now Im kind of sad to be leaving so abruptly. Ive been recieving hugs and "good luck" hand shakes all day. My boss just took me to possible the most delicous lunch I have ever had in Chicago and gave me a gift. When I returned from lunch, there were more gifts on my desk. Im overwhelemd at how much these guys care about me. Ive only been here a year, and possibly do the most lowely of jobs. I expected a pat on the back and my last paycheck. Not all this.

But alas, I must remember...I am moving for a reason. Im not coasting anymore. Im moving on up.

Movin On Up - The Jeffersons

*besides there is still a happy hour i need to go to in 2 hours before I say my final goodbye. Alcohol + Admitted love and caring for me....there may be some tears.

1 comment:

Writing Horses said...

Happy Birthday. Congrats on your new move and new job. I've been so busy and pulled the read-only, comment-on-nothing blog moves.

I love you.

Moving to LA in two weeks mahself. You got a place to stay anytime you're in the Left Coast.
MUAH.