6.05.2008

BLOOD SPORT.

Here are some shots of John Claude Van Damme at ummmm, I dunno 104 years old and still high kicking. When I found these, I immediately knew what I had to do.



Pay tribute with a Throw Back Thuuuuuursday DAY DAY DAY! (you see what Im doing there?). Anyway....Jean-Claude was known best for his roles in Bloodsport, where he traveled to Malaysia or something to fight in a deadly tournament for....ummm, well to solve something or another. Fight scenes were awesome. Before CGI ruined the imaginations of young kids around the globe (except maybe in the middle east- I cant imagine the last time they ordered a large popcorn with a diet coke) Jean-Claude was infiltrating ideas of back flips, round house kicks and the most popular leg stretching front kicks into my young mind.


Some of my other favs...Timecop (where the trailer claims that in 2004, time travel will be possible....its now 2008), Universal Soldier, The Quest, Double Impact and my personal favorite Street Fighter the Movie. Apparently he thinks this movie is what made him "not as famous" and he refuses to do the new one. Cha! Mistake number one is not giving your fans what they want and need. As if he could ever do a "serious" role. One word....type casted. I guess thats 2, but you know what I mean right?

What you may not know...is that Jean-claude also knows how to get down. Real Down. Just dont f*ck up his groove.

This has been another installment of Throw back Thursday- brought to you by our sponsors, Shaun's wandering mind processes and his full time job that he has no interest in.

Cheers!

No comments: