4.15.2009

A Little Disheartening.



I will admit it. The video above weighs a little bit heavy on the heart .It claims that Disney has been copying and pasting their creative jeans...I mean genes for years. And it makes me a little sad.Those damn you tubers sitting around in there PJs on a Saturday night in their mom's basement editing old Disney films to kill the hopes and dreams of children around the world (instead of getting out there and making something original for themselves). But alas....I have a rebuttal. If you pay close attention, there are only a few films shown. All of them are old. And all of them are hand drawn.

Nerd alert...these films use to take 10 years to produce. They were hand drawn. So it is clear to me that if the cartoonist knew how to draw the movements necessary for a little Dosie Doe, he( I wouls say she, but it's def a he) might want to simply redo the dance drawing techniques used in the next movie that would also take a decade to produce. And hey...if it's not broken, why fix it? It was as simple as the times they lived in. So you must excuse me if i take offense to comment like: “Looks like the Disney Vault has a purpose after all - to keep us from realizing how similar our favorite classic Disney movies truly are. According to this video, Disney only ever made one movie, and they’ve been tracing it ever since.

I just don't take kindly to uncreative people judging the talent and skill of those who are creative. It's like a judging Brady's throw when you have no arms. Dude, you can't even eat the doritos. YOU HAVE NO ARMS!!!!!

 It just doesn't sit well with me. And you know I have a heart string for Disney. Cha, don't even get me started....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn. It's like finding out Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy don't exist all over again...

shaun. said...

hush your mouth abut the Tooth Fairy. Reliable and trustworthy.

TLC said...

I hadn't seen this video, thanks for the link. And I agree with you; totally fine to use a template like this.

Kinda cool.