4.21.2009

Is that French???

New Music alert!!! I was put on by TAN. You know about my love of finding anything "out side of the box" and this new artist/group Op Swamp 81 fits the bill, so to speak (since we are using cliches). I have no idea how to describe the group so I have stolen a passage from someone more experienced, with terms and such.  

"A collage of hip-hop inspired performances from newcomers Bless Roxwell & Ra the MC, electric funk band OP Swamp 81, funky hip-hop’s Eagle Nebula, and electro-hip Ms. TK Wonder (with Taylor McFerrin)."

It's very eclectic. It is what Gnarles Barkely was 5 years ago, before he went mainstream but way more soulful and....french. And you may not know how I feel about the French. But every time I hear the accent. I think of this guy. And I don't like him. And I feel no need to explain myself.

Give it a listen...


Much like TAN...I cosign on this find.

1 comment:

kiss my black ads said...

You know I f*cking digs the weird and sucks up the slightly left of center music. Thanks a-gain (that's how I pronounce it "A" - Gain) for hipping me to hardly heard hyped heat.