4.26.2009

Another Challenge.

I'm about 3 weeks late with this and I apologize....blame my dvr. But let's talk TV. I consider myself a reality tv buff, but lately MTV has been falling off the map. Maybe I am slowly escalating out of the demographic that follows these types of shows, but the last Real World season in Brooklyn was about as interesting as talking to a toddler over the phone (stay focus you little f*cker). I can say the same about the last real world/road rules challenge, The Island...and I usually love these.  You see...I have vested interest. I want to like these shows...because I grew up on them. I know the players and the seasons/shows they came from. I know their twisted stories and pasts. If I were to see them on the street, I would gawk and stare. So I am waiting for the entertainment that was the past. And I am here to say that so far...this season is delivering. 

So, we have a new challenge. And like I said before...I usually love challenges. There is something about watching the same people continuously sign up for the same stagnant social experiment, beat each other up mentally and physically, ruin their "real life"relationships over show relationships and completely ignore the reality of growing up and getting a real job.....year after year. I love these kids. I love watching their emotions flair. I love watching them battle to the death for 50 k. I mean...I almost signed up for Real World back in the late 90s, so mentally...I'm not to far away from each and everyone of them. So this time they took 26 old and new Real World/Road Rulers to New Zealand. Because they are running out of alternate names for "challenge" and correlating numbers, they call it the Dual 2. The intro is the stupidest thing I have ever seen, to date. There are a few (very few) people I don't know. There are a few people who gained a little weight. One the stopped being bulimic. There are few people who have not learned that they should work out before coming on a show based around physical challenges. But whatevs...today I'm here to talk about the fight that happened in the first episode between CT and Adam. 

Yes....that is the only point of this post. Maybe I will throw a life lesson in there at the end. But I'm not making any promises.

Back story:

CT is a monster. He is from Boston, and he is a douchbag (those 2 things are almost synonymous). That being said....he is one of those douchbags that you just "let be." Cause he is clinically crazy. He goes full retard when ever he gets a chance and literally crushes everyone in the way. There is no initial edit for this dude. He is that guy who goes to jail for beating people to a bloody pulp over the Red Sox. He sucker punches gay dudes. He tells girls they are sluts to their face with no remorse. Yeah...that guy. So, CT starts dating this girl Diem. And then they break up. But they are on this challenge together (because lord forbid either of them get a real job and stop subjecting themselves to these shows).

Adam. He is the son of a musician. He is from Real World Paris. He has gotten punked on so many past shows, I can't even count the ways. Need I say more...

Scene 1 :

Adam to Diem: Whap whap whap...CT was messing around with fat Shavaugh (sp?)
Diem: Adam, you are such a real friend

Scene 2:
Enter CT


the end. 


That's it. The first fight happened in the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Little dude was literally running for his life at one point. Both Adam and CT got sent home. They got rid of a beast and a softy. What was the point of this blog? Well to show you a fight, duh. I must admit...I didn't really think this blog post through. Remember when I said that I would provide you with a life lesson. Well, I lied. And I'm allowed to lie...because it's my blog.

 Good night. 

1 comment:

golublog said...

I dont get the random tribal dance they do in the intro.