4.07.2009

The Cult of Done (so do it).


Found this over at ideadrunk

I’m joining the Cult of Done. Fail fast and often, get stuff done, get more stuff done, fail some more, learn, blow something up, fail, learn, do more stuff, do more stuff. I like to start things, not think about starting things. I like to make mistakes along the way and learn from them. I like to start driving and figure out how I’m going to get there along the way


THE MANIFESTO
There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
There is no editing stage.
Accept that you know what you’re doing even if you don’t and do it.
Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
Once you’re done you can throw it away.
Laugh at perfection. It’s boring and keeps you from being done.
People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
Destruction is a variant of done.
If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
Done is the engine of more.


I'm a big fan of...."getting that sh*t done."

4 comments:

Kiss my black ads said...

Smart. That's the motivation I need today!

Did I make the coveted daily professional reads?

Oh, sob, my, s-s-sob, Gawd!!

I'd like to thank my Mom, the academy, I know I'm for getting somebody, oh. oh, (Music goes up) Um, L, yes I can forget L, RheK and, and Sh-Shau– aaaand cue commercial.

That's Love guys Thanks so much!

L said...

your welcome

golublog said...

I like this alot. Especially considering that been done may just be the most overused phrase in all of advertising.

Kiss my black ads said...

Shaun I think I have you beat on the typos! I pwnd that sh*t.

I am the typo KANG! That's not a typo by the way. I'm KANG of typos!!! Did I spell that right?