11.20.2008

Happy BDay Mickey!

This week marks the 80th bday of the creation of Disney. And I must give them props.







Disney had a tremendous impact on my upbringing. And I don't think there is a franchise in the world that has done what Disney has done with it's brand. It has literally reached every household on the planet and implanted itself within the individual cultures. Not even Sex and the City can do that.  Though they seem to be falling off of the map these days (loosing their magic)....I can only wish them luck. I would hate to see a future generation grow up without the magic of Disney to lead them and spur their imaginations. I've decided that my "future children" will only watch classic cartoons (not the garbage on tv now). And therefor my "future children" will be better human being and far more creative than yours.

This is a funny skit from SNL regarding Disney's "Vault"....its funny. 


I actually own Song of the South on VHS. Anyway, HAPPY BDAY(s) MICKEY!

No comments: