11.18.2008

Lets talk movies.

As I await my turn in line for viewing and judging the new Bond movie, due to my new "2 weeks in theater" rule, I feel it's that time of year to touch upon theater topics. 

1. The poster to the left dates me. The Day the Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves is coming out this year, and it bares a remarkable resemblance to another day in history, back in July of 1996. No?

2. I loath J.J. Abrams and his open ended style of writing, directing and producing movies and shows. He ruined a good part of my life last year when I spent like a month and a half looking up the Cloverfield monster and drawing connections to Lost and Heroes like an idiot. But his new Star Trek movie looks kinda  awesome. I'm not a giant supporter of remaking hits from the past, and the only thing I really remember about Star Trek was that Whoopi Goldberg use to be on it (eye brow less). I will spend money to see this movie. I've proclaimed it. Let's just hope for my sake that it is of the same cinematic quality and excellence as Joy Ride. Wakk wakka wakka.

3. Tim Burton is making his version of Alice in Wonderland. Here is Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. Like all Tim Burton's movies (and Johhny Depp movies for that matter), there's plenty of baby powder and eye liner for everyone. However, I will reserve judgement until I hear their version of "A Very Merry Unbirthday."

4. See you soon Bond, Quantum Leaps of Solar Eclipse...soon...

No comments: