10.21.2008

religious ads.

There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.” 

Say hello to the new Athiest Bus Campaign. Apparently, across the pond, there is a lil problem with freedom of religion. The campaign's goal is to, "help raise awareness of atheism in the UK, and hopefully encourage more people to come out as atheists... also [to] counter the religious adverts which are currently running on London buses, and help people think for themselves."

Wow, it makes me wonder, just how radical the religious ads are in London... that the head atheists of the town had to make a rebuttal by instituting an ad campaign? Are there pope PSAs and catholic guerrilla movements being launched on the daily? Cause if there are....I would LOVE to see them. I read about them briefly, but what I really want is to experience them.What is the art direction like? Does anyone have any insight? I am delightfully intrigued! (I may make my own religious ads).

Now, I know religion is a touchy subject for people. Are these relevant? I dunno, I thought atheists couldn't read (I kid). But as a graphic designer (which I am not), I do see the correlation between "coming out (of the un-rightfully condemned closet)" and the bright ass colors used on the type of that bus sign. 

Good job, kudos and God Bless.

2 comments:

Bella On A Budget said...

was that God bless a nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah? B/c if it was, that was positively artful lol

Anonymous said...

I really like it. But definitely agree. Is there something brewing to necessitate a campaign like this? It's kind of curious.