10.06.2008

agency attack ads.

eewwWEEEEE, ad agency Karsh/Hagan is taking of the gloves with this new ad campaign targeted directly at Crispin Porter + Bogusky.

In particular...this campaign below was mocked and attacked. 

With headlines like "Crispin is a sprinter. Sprinters are runners who haven't done any endurance training," and ripping off the artwork, the few ads below are an unadulterated stab to the jugular. 


Ok....the first thing that popped into my head was..."This isn't School Daze....this is suppose to be a professional agency, trying to win clients over with these FRAT-astic antics." Then after a few minutes I thought to myself, "this is some ballsy sh*t." And now...I'm in limbo. What do you guys think?

Lame or Just ballsy enough to be considered cool? Low Brow or "a blow to the man?" I'm on the fence really. I think my interest in this piece of ad news may stem from the simple fact, that these faux ads seem like they could be the beginning of an agency ad war. And lets face it, with the economy in the pooper...what else do creative types have to do for fun... with budgets being slashed left and right (besides looking for new jobs...ewwww, too soon?). *knock on A LOT of wood*

lets get ready to ruummmmmble!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm leaning towards this being a BIG mistake because while it might give them some buzz, it won't get them clients. Clients will be wary of taking on an agency that has no problem posting attack ads, as the same agency might post client-attack ads.

Writing Horses said...

not good form. not good form, at all.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jane. This is not going to pay off for them. Mentions on ad blogs do not translate into dollars.