10.03.2008

connecting with "joe six pack."

ok, I have to speak on the VP debates that occurred last night before I start reading other people's blogs and develop a bias. A few points.

1. Sarah Palin did very well. I know the whole Republican camp made a collective sigh of relief at 10:30 pm and patted themselves on the backs for pulling Palin from all her scheduled appearances to learn the script. Way to stay to the talking points Palin.  A player is only as good as his/her coach. She wanted to talk/connect directly with "Joe Sixpack and Hockey moms" across america- but I want to know what survey she conducted to find out the percentage of Americans named Joe, with six packs.  And she sure does know alot about energy. But lets talk about using slang to belittle your opponent. NaiviTAY is not a real word. And....is it nucular or nuclear weapons?

2. Gwen Ifill the moderator.  You are my hero. You Gwen, realized that this was a Q&A. Cut those b*tches off if their time is up. Tell them that they have not answered the question. Because....that's your job. Gwen...you are definitely the hot slut of the week. You are like Felicia Rashad wrapped up in the momma from Family Matters, with a side of Aunt Vivian from Fresh Prince (the first mom). You got swagger. 

3. What I really hate about the republicans approach in this debate is that they make completely simplistic a untrue accusation. Much like the Presidential debates, Palin would say "Obama voted against funding the troops in Iraq," and the Biden would say "That's absolutely not true." Their simplistic blanket statements are a strategy. They said it first and out loud, and sadly, there are parts of this country (especially those with family in the war itself) that will remember that...no matter the rebuttal or the complexity of the issue. 

4. There are a whole bunch of other things that caught my eye...but this is not a political blog. I think Biden did well. I think he is a stronger debater than Obama. He restrained himself. Made his points. But most of all...did anyone else notice how ridiculously awesome Joe Biden's smile was? I mean....it was mesmerizing. I think I will devote an entire post to how nice Biden's teeth are. I was sitting there while Palin was trying to talk sh*t, and Biden just smiled and I literally texted my girlfriend...."Biden has got a really good smile." Then I sent a follow up text that said "no homo."
I mean...look at that. How can you not trust a man with this nice of a smile?
photo source seattle times.

3 comments:

marius said...

Great post!! I must say though that Palin seems very stupid. I have not watched the whole debate but i will now.

Kelly J said...

speaking of outright lies, you ain't got no girlfriend!

*arms above head thing*

shaun. said...

marius: thanks man. its actually more interesting than the presidential debate- def a watch.

kelly: ..."white people....'eh, ehe, eh, eh, eh'."