3.29.2010

A Leveled Party.



"Berlin-based artist Hans Hemmert (famous for his work with balloons) threw a party where guests wore shoe-extenders to make them all the same height of 2 meters....Hiis (completely underpublished) project, entitled "Level," is from 1997, produced for the Personal Absurdities show at the Galerie Gebauer Berlin. Finding it now, in 2010, I can't help but read it as a design event, getting directly at the basic qualities that shape our interactions with others—what does it mean when we all share one height?"- Core 77


Very fun. And interesting project. I mean, I get a little antsy when people stand next to me on the subway that are taller than me ...so this is probably not the party for me- everyone being the same height and all. But it's an interesting social experiment. I wonder is short people acted more confidently, and vis versa. Or if it was just an awkward ordeal all together? And how many glasses of wine did it take for the midget at the party to finally bust his ass? Hmmmm.

No comments: