9.11.2008

bamboozled lately?

with the NY fashion week well on its way (or maybe it's over...I dunno, it's still on TV), I think it's important for me to reiterate that it is crucial for one to be be completely honest with themselves....especially,  concerning what you choose to wear. Featured below is the fall...no spring....no...fall collection of Thom Brown. 
 im no fashion guru....but I think I speak a relative truth, when I say collections like these, are not to be worn in public. Consider this a fpsa (fashion public service announcement). You see...designers have complete creative license when it comes to their work. The only thing holding them back, is their potential demographic. Unlike us poor ad agency creatives, they don't have an ever looming CD (unless you are designing for like Calvin Klein). With that said...not all ideas they have are good. There is no one to pull in the reigns. And the result....in this case....man dresses and translucent man evening gowns.  

And I use to do a little modeling. And the thing is, these poor male models go to the show....not knowing what the hell the designer has up his sleeve. They have no say. And...they are getting paid to look a fool (especially the poor dude in the last picture). You my friend, are not.  

So I guess what I am trying to say is... be mindful (sensible) people. Americans have a long history of being gullible...especially when it comes to "creative" apparatuses. I mean....that's how I make my living. Don't get bamboozled. 

Quick question...we, as a country, are still calling these uniform pieces of fabric wrapped under the waist, skirts right? Or did I miss a cultural fashion revolution?

Photos via menstyle


UPDATE: I just thought about it....who sits around the office and gets this bright idea?...hey, you know what they dont do enough of....skirts for men. Big obnoxious skirts for men.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this blog post entitled "angry model," and it was someone from Thom Browne's show wearing one of his pieces. Ummm I feel like Thome Browne's collection took Mad Men back about a couple hundreds of years.