7.05.2008

uncle sam was dancing on the roof.

I had a fun july fourth. I witnessed the Macys fireworks from South Street Seaport. It was really crowded. I then proceeded to avoid the end of the world crowds by walking my life away from Wall St to the Village-very very far. Tried to eat calamari at a Mexican restaurant (life note: mexicans are not good at making calamari). And then drank and partied until the break of dawn to 90s hip hop.

It felt good to be home. I really did miss New York- but i still do make silly references to the Chi. And apparently NY missed me. There is nothing like a national holiday of independence to reacquaint you with your home turf. It very patriotic and almost symbolic, in my opinion.

What did you guys do? 

Side note. Why is it we celebrate July 4th with fire works again? Is it just some silly tradition or does it have a meaning? I bet Aoife Marie  knows. I await her response.

UPDATE: Oh yeah...and hot dog eating contests.

No comments: