7.21.2008

mo monsters, mo fun.


Hellboy 2. This will be brief. Did you see the first Hellboy? Did you find it sorely disappointing? So much potential wrapped into on concept...and it fell short. Well, Hellboy 2 is better than the first. There are definitely more monsters and some cool ass fighting scenes and...you heard it here first....killer elves.

Plot. During WW2 a baby monster was found whilst fighting Hitler. Awesome right? Well since the discovery of mystic forces, the US created a special secrete monster crime fighting team-Hell Boy of coarse leading the helm. Other notables...monster 1, monster 2, monster 3. Oh and Selma Blair...lesbian monster 4. So now, the secret crime fighting unit is out to the public. Followed with a plot of love, loss and redemption. Blah, blah, blah.

Pros. Like I said....killer fighting scenes. There is this warrior elf prince who is trying to assemble an ancient golden army.....yeah....i feel stupid just typing about it. But elves...are apparently nothing more than albinos with Beyonce weaves. Go figure.

Cons. Sophomoric humor. There was more than one time where I nodded my head in joke shame. Think...man with German accents says something the sounds like "shlong", Hellboy says "I wouldn't say that if I were you," and cue audience laugh. Horribleness.

All in all. Alright stuff. I'd suggest you wait for it to come out on DVD and spend your hard earned money on the Batman flick. Add to the kagillion of dollars it has already made.

2 comments:

1Letterman said...

I loved the first Hellboy, so I imagine I'll like this one.

I won't be one of the unwashed that will be amazed that the Joker and Batman don't like each other.

And, Hellboy was born during WWII, not WWI.

The Nazis may have been evil, but they had really stylish uniforms. The WWI German uniforms were bulky in order to hide excess consumption of strudel.

shaun. said...

immediate edit.