2.04.2008

moments to remember.

Top 10 Super Bowl XLII Moments.

just my thoughts folks.....things that make me go Yeah...yeah...yeah (Usher reference)! Ads, the actual game, and other stuff, in no particular order.

1. My father calling me during the first quarter to tell me that I'd better root for the New York because Antonio Pierce, the LB for the Giants, was infact Bermudian. He was very excited and probably a little tipsy....but I ensured him that he did indeed just sway my vote. And we ended the convo with a hardy HAIL BERMUDA!


2. The E Trade baby. Though probably a holy nightmare to all parents in every part of the world, we could not help but to laugh as the baby spit up, just a little bit after buying some stock online. Check it out....here.
I am also aware of the ad faux pas about babies and puppies. But common, this one spit up. And that's not only cute but also funny.


3. Jordin Sparks singing the national anthem. She looked scared sh*tless but did do a good job. Whether she was lip syncing or not, I did let out a "you go girl". At the end, you can see an audible "Pheww" and a mental glad I didnt fuck that up. (and after it all my room mate said "She got some Gurth on her"...he is too real).

4. Eli Manning getting out of this mouse trap of a situation. The entire room (of my super bowl party...the best one in the nation btw) was literally on fire when that happened. I mean Brady was sacked 5 times...a season high.  The game in its entirety was just really entertaining, but I dont think I would be saying that if the Pats woulda won.

5. Spoons during half time. I mean, need I say more. If we didnt have enough food to feed a small nation, and if the people there weren't entertaining enough....at halftime, we played a healthy dosage of spoons. This time, there was no blood.


6. John Johnson, a Giants trainer since 1948. So in all serioussness they introduced this man on the tv screen like a normal everyday person. They just showed him, said a few comments and panned away. What was not noted was a. his awesome name and b. his potential for dropping dead righ there at the game. Thank god it's his last game. Sometimes, retirement should be mandatory. I'm sure he is glad he made it through that last TB outbreak...during the great depression, but if you yourself cannot run more than 10 yards, you shouldn't be training pro athletes...or anyone else .

7. The return of Donkey Lips. Late in the fourth an amp ad appeared on the tele, it had a fat man attaching wires to his nipples from a car...within seconds, we the crowd (we) realized that this fat man was indeed Donkey Lips from the hit show Salute your Shorts. OMG! Who at the agency was like..."we gotta call that kid from that Nick show from the early 90's, he'd be great." Cause whoever thought of that, is a genius.


8. NO ONE. Anyone who knows me...especially my roomates, know that I am in love with Alicia Keys. During the pregame show she performed her single live in some white snow leopard skin tight pants....which only could be described a "fierce." (no homo) I literally heard the song in the shower and jumped out to raise one hand in the air in my bath towel.

9. Remember that time that someone decided it was a good idea to read the entirety of the declaration of independance right before the game? I do. It was yesterday. And it was a bad idea. The entire time I was thinking...god damnit, why is this thing so long and then I felt unamerican, and then I felt like calling John Hancock and telling him to draft a revised version immeadiatly so that this doesnt happen again. 1328 words....really? Read by the average americans? It was like watching a speacial olympics mini-series.

10. Belichick's interview at the end of the game. He was really really pissed. Like he never won a superbowl before. The interviewer looked dazed and confused. I almost felt bad for him...and then I realized he had more money than my entire family put together in the past and fututre. Ass!




No comments: