2.29.2008

peliculas.

I learnt that in spanish class.And it is the only word I remember. And now that I think about it, im pretty sure it mean 'magazines'. But whatever, Im really good at art. Anyway...lets get to the movies portion of the program. So, with the highly rated Oscars just passed, I think I should share my opinions on There Will Be Blood. Remember the time when movies had plots? And if there was no plot, at least it was down right entertaining. This movie...had neither of those. Sure, it had a great actor (Daniel Day Lewis)...I will even give props for that...casting brilliance and a great line about milkshakes, but left me thinking...who cares. I was so slow. But at the same time, the music made me really anxious. I felt like I was being experimented on by aliens again (I mean for the firts time). BTW, the movie is about oil. Yep, exciting stuff. Eastern Promises. If you ever wondered what Viggo Mortenson (not the elf) looks like fighting 2 men in a bath house completely butt naked for 15 minutes (aka stabbing men in the neck while his stuff is flopping around), this movie will answer that question for you. It is a really good mob family crime flick, its just that one cannot help but to wonder...exactly how many takes it took (how many hours) and the amount of pure humility it takes for said male actor to get the naked 15 minute fight scene exactly right. I couldn't do it, Id be to busy giving the crew a scientific breakdown of male shrinkage and how "i get no complaints in the bedroom (wink)." I know I am always talking about Iron Man...but this new trailer is kickass. But I honestly do not know how one would not want to see such a kickass movie after such a kickass trailer? Unless of course...you are blind and did not actually "see" the trailer, or you would rather drop $12 on 10,000 BC a movie that apparently (after 6 months of promotion) doesnt have a plot. Its just a man with dreadlocks, a saber tooth tiger and the Egyptian culture tied together under the broad theme of epic cgi movie. If anyone can tell me what this movie is about, I will give you a quarter...a whole quarter from my pocket. On top of everything...Gwynth Paltro is in the Iron Man. Why? Perhaps she lost a bet, but she presence is sure to bring quality and substance to the movie. If not....the simple fact that shit blows up makes me want to see it. I also happened to catch Across the Universe (twice, both times without seeing the end), the renowned 2007 musical consisting of nothing but Beatles hits. And it was, well....very average. And if you know me, you also know my love for musical movies (Mary Poppins, Moulin Rouge etc "What is this etcetera?"-2 quarter for anyone who gets that reference) Dont get me wrong, there were really good parts and great song-cinematography effects, but most of it was either boring, trippy or boring. And at the end...I felt like had been force fed Beatles songs arranged to make a semi interesting period piece for approximately 133 minutes. And then I remembered that I was.




OK, akward abrupt end of blog here.


Byyyeeeeeeee.


1 comment:

Jen said...

my favorite part was when the wives went commando!