12.22.2008

Algiers Point.



The discovery of this video comes at an interesting time. I was just watching Talk to Me yesterday with my girl (good movie btw), and there was a riot scene in the movie that was the direct result of the homicide of Dr. martin Luther King. I pondered, out loud about the possibility of a riot occurring if Pres. elect Obama was murdered. She somewhat convinced me that people were less militant these days and that "mass societal attacks/riots/movement" were less likely than it was back in the fist pumping days. 

This video proves that all you need is the perfect storm of occurrences and ignorance for people to act like f*cking killers. The saddest line in the 8 minute clip, is what that kid said at the very end. And unfortunately...it is how a lot of African Americans feel. And let's not even talk about how I had to find this video on a gossip blog, to even have known about the event at all. 

VIA bossip

No comments: