12.08.2008

How Embarrassing.

I remember going to see the 2nd Harry Potter movie back in my undergrad days. It was a mere year after I discovered the true love of franchise that was sweeping the nation. It was a midnight showing and I was waiting in a theater filled with people dressed up like the characters for at least an hour before it started. I was forced to sit through a quiz, in which "prizes" were given away for in depth answers to silly Harry Potter themed questions. I recall one question in general: Name all the players of the Griffindore (spelling?) Quidditch team and their positions? A young lad rattled off the answer and won a scarf. 

Immediately realizing that this was the last Potter premier I would ever attend, I thought to myself: How f*ckin embarrassing for that dude. I would never feel that personal embarrassment. It is beyond my realm of cognition-impossible to fathom. That is until I found out that there currently is a Massachusetts Real Life Quidditch meet.




Upon watching the video filled with kids running around in the mud with brooms in between their legs, one thing became incredibly clear. All the kids in the video were from my Alma Mater.....

And I'm embarrassed for them...but more so for myself, for graduating from Boston University, the same school they attend.  


That is all. 

VIA geekologie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaaaaa I totally saw this before. That is all indeed.

Anonymous said...

This is nerdom to the Nth degree, not that there is anything wrong with that.

My real concern is for their nutts. There is serious danger in running around full speed with a field of foolish poorly coordinated nerds. All the while holding fast to a broomstick slapped-strapped to your nutts!!

Is nutts spelled with two t's??

shaun. said...

lol, it should be.

I assume they wear cups. Which should be illegal. Sports Authority should have the right to ask what sport you are buying a cup for and then deny anyone who doesnt play a real sport.