1.23.2008

monster dork 2.



cant stop wont stop. Every time I try to move on with my life...Cloverfield pops back up. I don't know if it is good or bad. But, discovering info about the movie is way more interesting than actually watching it. Weird, no?

Anyway...I will give the movie props for awesome pre-release tactics (read all about them here). Its actually kind of sick, no ridiculous, all the effort that was put into the buzz of this movie. There were 3 separate campaigns, 3 websites, direct marketing, a youtube component, a myspace component...and that doesnt even include the silly traditional trailers.


I'll tell you what I think is going to happen.....

Much like LOST (which is sheer brilliance), I think they have written and marketed themselves into a hole. Unless some miracle takes place, their attempt of making a sequel will be sub par, as they try to tie up all the loose ends (crossing their T's and dotting thier I's).

Either that, or JJ Abrams chooses not to tell us sh*t.




Oh the juxtaposition of brilliance.


No comments: