2.19.2010

Spot Light: No One puts Shani Davis in a Corner.

Shani Davis. He was already the first black Winter Olympian to win individual gold in 2006. He became the first American man to defend an Olympic speed skating title. He is now the second most-decorated American man in Olympic speed skating. He has won 2 individual olympic medals. He has had some problems with...the Olympic Committee and the US speed skating Team. Some screamed racism, Shani has another view......


"I've lived 27 years of my life and I have self worth and I know what I am as a person," Davis said on the eve of the Vancouver Games. "I don't need anyone to define that for me if they're paying attention to me once every four years, or just these two weeks of the Olympics.

"I already have my self-definition, and I'm quite happy with it."


Congrats in the face of controversy my dude.

2 comments:

Writing Horses said...

not too mention he's hawt . . .

Jennifer said...

Beautifully stated! I've just learned of him and I'm really impressed.