10.14.2009

Blackface is really in now.

French Vogue decided to do blackface. I mean....I'm kinda at a loss for words here. Why didn't they just hire black models? Beacause they are trying to be offinsive and stir up controversy with no regard to the impact of an entire culture, a history of struggle and/or the possible backlash. But that is the very definition of the racial divide, in and of itself. It's like last weeks episode of Madmen, when Betty Draper said Civil Rights wasn't meant to happen at that particular moment in time. I got really irrate and yelled "slut" at the tv like she was real person. It's that indifference that always surprises me. It's never the act itself. It's the indifference. 

I can hear the editors say now....
"Oh yea...we didnt know that was still an issue.

You f*cktards, it's always an issue. 

No comments: