10.12.2009

Remarkable.

It's an unremarkable thing,
this life I live.
I know people think their lives are special.
But who am I to kid.
I witness morning after morning, of nothing new.
Day after day, and nothing grew.
I meet person after person.
And they are all the same.
Sizing me up, figuring out my weakness
And then playing the game.
"Hello...my name is...what is it you do?
Let's have lunch...do me a favor....I'll be your friend too."

It's an unremarkable thing,
this blog I write.
Arbitrary and compact
As meaningless, but less impactful,
than my last literary plight.
My skill set is measured hourly.
And my mind is literally, for sale.
My limbs worry about copay.
And my wallet awaits the next bill.

It is an unremarkable thing. 
This thought I have.
That made me sit, in front of this screen.
And type so much about.
Where as in other parts of the world.
I suppose things far great are occurring.
But not to me. Nor the people I know.
So what's the use of caring?

It's an unremarkable thing, 
this life I live.
But with such an average past.
I have no choice but to go forward.
And let the rest go pass. 
Because who defines remarkable?
That still isn't very clear.
And that is why remarkable.
Can never be, just this here.

-shaun w

No comments: