10.08.2009

Weaves sold Separately.


Toy giant Mattel, recently introduced the So In Style Barbie doll - the new black Barbie. Apparently these black barbies have wider noses, and fuller lips, and come in different skin tones. Now, I'm not a girl, but I can supply you with a story regarding black barbies. I was doing some Christmas shopping back in my grade school days. Christmas shopping back then consisted of our parents giving us money and dropping a group of us off at the local mall for like 4 hours. So I walk into K-B Toys, and I decide to buy my step sister a Barbie. It was a vast wall of Barbies, with occupations ranging from princesses to teachers to lawyers etc. All these inspirational outfits to spur the imaginations of young women across the nation. So I looking and I'm looking and I see a black barbie....and she's dressed in a McDonalds outfit. The only black Barbie in the store, was a McDonalds worker.

BOO-YAKA-SHA!!!! You cannot beat that.  

4 comments:

Samantha Smikle said...

why doesn't at least one have curly hair? or darker skin, or even lighter skin...did they consult any blk people in the design or just beyonce? #opp! [yes, i just brought a twitter trending topic into blogger, haha]

shaun. said...

thy have different tones. But overall your right. There is not a darker one. And all have straight hair.

But Im pretty sure they didnt consult Beyonce...because then they would all have detachable hair.

Anonymous said...

AT YOUR FAT COW FINDING THAT IS WHAT? PEOPLE BLACK AND YOUR NOSE
KISSES FROM BRAZIL

Anonymous said...

SORRY WRONG POST