12.31.2007

hello delicous....

alright...so plans have changed. and i had my burrito at lunch because i desperately needed a reason to go on. But, I thought I would share my true personal feeling about the concept of the Burrito.

Little over a year ago, I did not understand the wonderfulness that was the burrito.

I spent many a day, following friends to this world renowned burrito joint in boston, only to watch them eat and not order anything for myself. The idea. The idea that all off my food was wrapped into a 2 x 4 ball of dough was...well, lets just say it turned me off. All my food at once. All those individual delicate flavors wrapped into one monstrosity and then served to those with less appreciation for the wonder that is the human pallet would gobble it down. I mean...it was like a little Mexican conspiracy. Not only did i detest them for introducing it to the American market, but I pitied those that ate it. "Tricked and Bamboozled" is what i said about them. Like pawns being left out to die.

But alas. (And you probably will not hear me say this alot). But I was, in deed wrong.

The Idea. Is not to wrap all the food up, denouncing the flavor and individual quality of each separate ingredient. The idea is to embellish on each ingredient and make it one. No fork. No knife. The rich divinity is indeed the infusion of flavor. Making every bite...like a step closer to heaven. A heaven that Mexico has known about for years.

The only thing I can do is hang my head in shame for my years past. Filled with chips and dip and quesidillas (please pronounce the "L's"). Indeed, I was a fool. But know I am enlightened. Hello Chef Allah. Hola Budah, el Jefe de cocina. I am truly enlightened.

No comments: