5.26.2009

New Artist: Chrisette Michele.


New Artist Alert. Ok...she is not new. Just new to me. Chrisette-Michele. I went to Boston for memorial day. I took the bus up (which I came to the conclusion that I will never do again), but I was able to talk my way into a ride back. And on that ride back I got a chance to hear this lovely young woman's new album Epiphany. There are a few songs I can't get down with...but for the most part, it's a great album. Beautiful jazzy strong voice dropped over some old school real r&b.


These are the songs I'm really diggin off the album:





And check out her latest video. I see you Jimmy from Degrassi. Not sure how you got out of your wheel chair, but welcome to America.



Ok, that's it. Nice new artist. Here's her whole album. I only like a few songs, but maybe she will evolve into a true talent. One that can battle the likes a Beyonce and Ciara...and we can get some real music back on the airwaves. Fingers crossed. 

6 comments:

Cas Ruffin said...

Lol u just called Drake "Jimmy from Degrassi"

Scorned Woman said...

Chrisette Michelle is amazing! Her voice is remarkable and I feel like i'm listening to real music when I hear her stuff. Drake has some pretty good music too. My son listens to it.

L said...

drake is rhianna current beau.

shaun. said...

are yall talking about Jimmy?

Cas Ruffin said...

Damn lucky Drake, he gets to hit that, but will probably not "hit" that. "Hit" being giving her a black eye.

shaun. said...

right...you are gonna have to distinguish the usage of "hit" these days.

the term "hit that"...could lead to some a 911 call...