5.22.2009

Life Lesson: Take the First Step.

*image robbed fro Getty Images (unpaid for)
"It’s nice to dream. It’s safe. You’re wrapped in infinite possibility. You can’t fail, because you haven’t done anything. Your ideas are still just that - ideas.

Action is the thin line that separates ideas from reality. The majority of people are too lazy or too scared to act on their ideas. This is your competitive advantage. You’re not scared. You’re not scared to act. You’re not scared to fail. You’re not scared to succeed.
So you don’t have a plan. Who cares? You need to take the first step towards making your idea real. And from that small first step, let things grow organically. You’ll gain momentum and enthusiasm. And soon, from that first step, you’ll be well on your way to creating something.
For me, the toughest part of going for a run is getting out the door. Before I lace up my shoes, my mind presents me with a myriad of excuses and alternatives to exercising. But once I get outside and take the first few steps, all of those motivational barriers melt away. I don’t worry about how far I’m going to run, I just run...

1. Start your blog.
2. Write the Table of Contents for your book.
3. Purchase a URL. (They’re only $10)
4. Buy the materials for your prototype.
5. Design your logo.

So get off your ass and take that first step."



VIA Christian from ideadrunk. Preach it! *snaps finger*

No comments: