6.25.2010

Jesus of Beez-areth.


Dutch designer Tomáš Gabzdil Libertiny made a sculpture of Jesus that was completed by 40,000 bees. He erected a sealed glass container with his mold inside. Libertiny then released 40,000 bees who worked on the honeycombed surface of the mold


Ok, so I'm really proud of the title of this post. But I can't help but to feel a little bad about it as well. I was raised (like much of America) in a very religious household. Does that inhibit me ability to think rationally and logically? No. And it certainly does not inhibit my ability to be creative and realize art objectivly. But what is this art installation really?

This man simply to a major religous icon and set bees upon it. This is just a bee farm in the shape of Jesus Christ. My parents would be appalled. Literally. But in the long run I'm left wondering what the point is. Interesting? Yes. Creative? Sure. Art???? I'm not convinced. Blasphemy aside, I can do random provocative things too. You dont see me going around calling it art. But eh???? What ever, I'm still really amped about my post title. Haha....



VIA likecool

No comments: