4.21.2010

Take that, Indian Style.




At at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan Chilean architect Alejandro Aravena designed a strap for furniture brand Vitra, the strap can be wrapped around the body and used instead of a chair. Good idea!
"Chairless is a simple tool for sitting – a textile strap joined into a loop, measuring 85 cm in length and 5 cm in width, which can be wrapped around the back and knees in order to stabilise the body and relieve tension, while in a seated position. Chairless is mobile. Weighing less than 85 grams, the strap can be folded into a compact size allowing it to fit easily into a pocket – the ideal sitting aid while out and about."


I'll go on the record and say that this is a life altering product. After a life time of not being flexible enough to sit Indian style...this is genius solution. There aren't many times I can truly say, "this product offers this exact solution, in my life". It frees up my arms and completely voids any idea a girl might get for wanting to sit in between my legs and using me a chair, therefore adding to the total body weight that needs to be supported. And that happens alot. But you (I) usually just "man through it." Or I don't put myself in those situations.

But as genius as this product is....are they really serious about an architect making it? LOL. Shouldn't he be focusing on buildings staying up? I'm just saying....

No comments: