4.22.2010

Rübe. New Artist Alert.





This style is so ridiculously fresh. I dare you to listen to these tracks from German artist Rube, and not me completely impressed. I accidentally ran into thier track "Get Up",.... on Lala and I knew I had to post about him. It's a tough follow, seeing as how I could not find the song in full that inspired this post. But below is another track he did on what I think is a compilation album...called Jazz & Milk Breaks.



The breakdown:

INFORMED AND INSPIRED BY JAZZ, BEAT POETRY, AND BIG BAND SWING, RUBE'S "ANOTHER GONE RECORD" IS THE KIND OF RECORD THAT B-BOYS, B-GIRLS, LINDY HOPPERS, JAZZ CATS, BEATHEADS AND HEP CATS CAN ALL APPRECIATE.
In Rube's mind, bop jazz, beat poetry, big band swing, and hip hop live together. As Rube's first EP, "Another Gone Record" demonstrates, the fore mentioned arts get along very we


Sickness. Who thinks to combine those genres? Anyway, I hope the links I've supplied don't throw you off too much. I would suggest listening to him on Lala. You get a few free listens before you have to sign up (which is free). But Lala is a little useless seeing as how you can only listen to songs once, without purchase. But hey... I've been googling for hours, I can't find anything better to forward you too. I'm gonna see what my friend LimeWire has to say about finding this track tonight. I need this ish on my ipod, Theo asap-thus ushering in a new era of my life hosting wine and drug parties at my Swanky Upper East Side apartment with glass tables and leather couches.

I'm just kidding...my place is in Harlem. I've got a ways to go. I digress. This is more about you than me. Enjoy!

No comments: