11.22.2007

indian day.


As I sat round yesterday, snapping the ends off of string beans and judging Chicago's turkey day parade in comparison with New York's Macy's day parade (Chicago lost).....I thought to myself..."this is nice."

It's nice that we take time out of our daily schedule to be thankful. You know...thankful that we are Americans. Thankful the we commit turkey genocide every Thanksgiving in the name of tradition. Thankful that we stole this land from its original indigenous people and then managed not only to create a staggering cultural divide, but but also reinforce it on a daily basis.

The thing that I am most thankful for however, is that we celebrate this day with gigantic Scooby Doo's.


Oh Yeah, and I am thankful for friends and family.


Merry Turkey Day...to you, my reader.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally pissed about your little hotlinks for "friends" and "family". first of all, you said you would nvr post that picture of me and also, that is not your family. you only look like half those people. trying to fool me? good luck.

shaun. said...

I think i look alot like Richie. And Laura. Def a combo of the 2.